Tenant Acquisition & Screening
TENANT ACQUISITION: APPEALING TO PROSPECTIVE RENTERS
Renters today expect a mobile experience. Our online tools make it easy for prospective renters to conduct their business online, from discovering your property to completing their applications, signing their leases and making their payments online.
- Online Rental Applications - Prospective residents apply online using our mobile-friendly rental application. Capturing their information electronically in our integrated tool enables us to evaluate their application and render a decision faster.
- Online Lease Signing - Our property management software platform automatically pulls in the approved applicant’s information and property-specific data to generate and send the lease for electronic signing.
- Online Rent Payments - Residents pay their rent online through their unique tenant portal. They can use their portal to pay manually each month or to establish a recurring payment, which we encourage. A variety of online payment options (e.g., E-Check, Credit Card, Electronic Cash) are available through the portal and funds are deposited faster and more securely.
- Online Maintenance Requests - Residents can also submit maintenance requests via their portal, which records the specific maintenance issue for our Maintenance Coordinator to attempt to troubleshoot and forward to one of our qualified vendors for situations where a repair is required.
TENANT PLACEMENT: SCREENING TO FIND THE BEST RESIDENTS
We conduct extensive screening on all applicants focusing on credit, income, employment, prior residential history and criminal background. Our rigorous screening process has resulted in rent-payment default and eviction rates of essentially zero.
- Resident Screening and Background Checks - Our reporting tool instantaneously aggregates critical prospective tenant information, including history of credit, rent payment, and evictions, allowing us to make decisions confidently in real time. Fast and thorough results mean we can qualify residents quickly before they move on to another rental opportunity.
- Negotiation of Lease Terms, Security Deposit & Pet Fees - Most tenants are in the market for a 12 month lease, consequently our most common lease is a 1-year agreement. However, home rentals are highly seasonal with many more tenants looking to rent and move in the spring and summer months. Given that fact, we look for opportunities in the initial lease or at renewal to adjust the rent cycle to coincide with the high-demand season.
- Lease Closing: Lease Agreement and All Required Addenda - Leases and inspection data are signed electronically and stored securely in our property management software system.
4 Tips for Screening Potential Tenants
4 Things Landlords May Not Know About Security Deposit
Request a Quote
Why Choose Your Intown Home
Our Intown Expertise Is
Atlanta's in-town real estate commands different pricing and appeals to a different demographic than properties in other parts of the Metro area. We provide expert, professional management for property owners who want a hands-free real estate investment, and we guarantee you a 5-Star experience. Our systems are designed for property owners who have investment homes in Atlanta's intown neighborhoods whether they live in intown themselves, outside the perimeter (OTP) or on the other side of the globe.
Responsiveness and Great Communications Are Core to Our 5-Star Service
We answer the phone and respond to emails! The most common complaint we hear from landlords looking to make a change in property management companies is a lack of communication. We believe that communication is the key to a successful and profitable owner-manager relationship.
Responsiveness to applicants, owners and tenants is one of the hallmarks of Your Intown Home. This simple but significant difference between us and the competition continues to set us apart. In addition to timely communication on all details regarding your property, you will have 24/7 online access to your account portal and a live-voice answer on the phone lines of Your Intown Home.
Turn Key Services Are Designed To Make Your Life Easier
Hand us the keys and relax! We offer a comprehensive solution for our property-owner clients so you don’t have to worry about a thing. These services include:
- Marketing the property to prospective tenants
- Screening and placing well-qualified tenants in your house
- Ongoing property and tenant relationship management
- Property maintenance and financial reporting
We also provide brokerage services for clients and customers looking to buy or sell properties.
Integrity Creates The Basis For A Trusted Relationship
At Your Intown Home, our guiding principle is to make judgement calls and provide advice and guidance that follow the course of action we would choose if we owned the property ourselves. There are times when such decisions are complex and not readily obvious to those unfamiliar with the nuances. From time to time, it may make more sense to spend a little extra money now to secure a tenant for an extended tenancy or to end a tenancy at the end of a lease term in the high season rather than allow it to go month-to-month into the slower rental months. We’ll give you our perspective and rationale and let you make the final decision.
Both property-owner clients and tenants appreciate Your Intown Home’s integrity. Our “no hidden fees” policy ensures a relationship of trust between us and our owner-clients. Tenants appreciate our transparent and clearly expressed leasing guidelines. As with our property owner-clients, our goal is to provide “5-star” service to our tenants, and, in so doing, give them every reason we can to renew their lease on their anniversary date.
Protecting Your Investment And Maximizing Your Results Are Key Priorities
We understand that your real estate holdings are a significant part of your financial portfolio. Our goal is to protect that investment so that it grows in value over time. We provide guidance on necessary repairs to protect the structure and integrity of your home as well as suggestions for upgrades or enhancements to ensure your property’s continuing competitive advantage in the rental marketplace. We work together to maximize your rental property’s contribution to your financial position.
Experienced And Professional Staff Are Here To Help
We are members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) a very active trade organization through which we attend conferences and take continuing education courses in property management. As subject matter experts in areas such as Fair Housing, Georgia Landlord-Tenant law, ADA regulations, HUD Service and Support Animal requirements, Fair Credit Reporting Act, we stay abreast of legislation that could impact the residential rental industry.
Cameron, our Associate Broker, is a member of the Georgia Association of Realtors, the National Association of Realtors and has been awarded the “Top Producer” designation from the Atlanta Realtors Association for every year since 2016.
How Much Rent Can You Get For Your Rental Home?
We’d Be Happy To Give You A Free Estimate!
Because we focus on the small footprint of Atlanta’s popular, intown neighborhoods, we are very well-versed in current market rates for each area. Some companies offer computer generated reports, but we’ve found that these reports tend to be no more accurate than you might find on Zillow or other AVMs (Automated Value Models).
Our custom market analysis is the first step in honing in on topline revenue expectations for your rental home. As a next step we’ll want to see your home in person. Rental pricing depends on a broad array of considerations including location, finish levels, size, amenities and time of year. Based on all these factors, and your personal goals, we’ll help you determine the best pricing strategy for your property. Our custom market analysis will provide:
- Optimized Rental Value For Your Property
- When Applicable, Suggestions To Enhance Your Home’s Market Value
- Relevant Insights Into Current Market Conditions
- Cash Flow Estimates From Monthly Rental Value
Should I Sell Or Rent My Home?
Tips To Increase Rental Income
Explore What We Do
As Your Intown Atlanta Property Manager
Marketing The Home
We will advise you on how to make your home look its best. Once ready, we will present your home on today’s most relevant tenant-focused internet sites. 99% of renters today, first see a listing online.
Tenant Aquisition & Screenings
We conduct extensive screening on all tenants focusing on credit, income and prior residential history. Our rigorous screening has resulted in our almost zero rent-payment default rate.
Inspections & Maintenance
We conduct a detailed inspection at move-in to record the condition of your home just before the tenants take possession. When the tenants move out, we repeat the process comparing our findings to the move-in inspection report. We make sure you are not left making repairs for items damaged by your tenants.
Our tenants pay rent online by the 1st of the month. We deposit your money directly in your bank account and send you a PDF report detailing all activity at your home each month.
At the time of lease renewal, we inspect the property to ensure that the home is being well cared for and that we indeed recommend extending the lease for the current tenants.
With our detailed financial reporting tools and online owner portal, it's a snap to keep tabs on your investment by pulling your monthly statements or annual reports to prepare your taxes each year.
Neighborhoods We Serve
- Ardmore Park
- Ansley Park
- Avondale Estates
- Boulevard Heights
- Briarcliff Heights
- Candler Park
- Capitol View
- Castleberry Hill
- Druid Hills
- East Atlanta
- East Lake
- Garden Hills
- Glenwood Park
- Grant Park
- Inman Park
- Lake Claire
- Lindmore Woods
- Little Five Points
- Morningside/Lenox Park
- Peachtree Hills
- Poncey Highlands
- Old Fourth Ward
- Ormewood Park
- Sylvan Hills
- Toco Hills
- Virginia Highlands
- West End
- West Midtown
- Woodland Hills