Whether you know exactly what you want or are interested in exploring options, we’re here to help connect you to the right rental opportunity among the properties we manage. We work hard to make the experience as convenient and stress-free as possible. As intown experts with a substantial portfolio of diverse housing options, we seek to match tenants with the most suitable home in their desired neighborhood. Once you become a resident with us, our 5-star service and online tools will ensure your rental experience is the best it can be.
Looking for a Rental?
Click below to view our available rental listings.
Search Rentals Apply Online
ONLINE PROCESS: TOOLS TO ENSURE CONVENIENCE AND SECURITY
We put the process in your hands - literally. From a mobile device or any other type of internet connection, you can complete the process of finding and renting your new home online.
- Rental Search - Use our rental search application to search our properties to find the right home. Check times for open houses or learn about self-showing.
- Rental Applications - As a prospective resident, you can apply online with our mobile friendly rental application form.
- Lease Signing - Our software platform automatically pulls in information from your online application, and prepares the lease for electronic signing, saving you time and effort. The final document is stored in your unique Tenant Portal so you have access to a copy at any time.
- Tenant Portal - Each tenant has access to their own Tenant Portal through which they make rent payments and submit maintenance requests. The portal also provides secure access to lease documents and payment history.
- Rent Payments - Residents have the option of paying their rent online 24/7. You can use your portal to pay once or establish a recurring payment so you never miss a deadline. Our online payment system accepts a variety of payment options (e.g., E-Check, credit/debit card, electronic cash).
APPLICATION PROCESS: GETTING STARTED
Who Needs to Submit an Application
Each individual over the age of 18 years who will be residing at the property must submit a separate rental application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $85.00. Screening for a group of applicants, will commence once all individual applications for the group have been submitted. If you enter the wrong Social Security number in the application, we must re-submit once we have gotten that corrected. We will pass through the $30 cost for running the second report to you (which we totally hate to do)...so be sure to slow down and get the information in accurately the first time through!
You must fill out your application completely. All information must be accurate and verifiable. Incomplete applications may be rejected. Inability to verify application information could constitute a reason for denial. Any misstatements or omissions made on your application may be grounds for denial or termination of the lease. Applications are considered incomplete if all documents are not provided at the time the application is submitted.
In addition to the rental application, you must also provide:
- Copy of a valid form of identification (Driver's license, passport, etc) Proof of Income (e.g., two most recent pay stubs, offer letter, appropriate tax forms if self-employed, Social Security, Disability assistance, child support court order, etc)
- Often we have multiple applicants applying for the same property and losing a desired property to a competing applicant can be upsetting. Should your application be approved, but you lose that property to another applicant, we will gladly transfer your application to another home of your choosing if you meet the requirements. Your approved application is good for 45 days.
Application approval for properties are not necessarily first come, first served. We process all approved applications based on criteria we deem most beneficial to the property owner. For example, in determining the best application that is “most beneficial” to the owner, we might compare two approved applications where one desires to occupy immediately vs. another who cannot take possession for two weeks. In this example, the most beneficial application for the owner is the one who can take occupancy immediately.
How to Submit an Application
Apply online to complete the rental application form, attach all required documentation, and submit for review, screening, and approval.
Once an application is approved, all occupants will sign an Official Notice of Approval form acknowledging all lease terms and pay an amount equal to one month’s rent as a non-refundable reservation fee. Once we have the form and fee, we will take the property off the market and hold for lease signing and move-in. The reservation fee, which converts to the first month’s rent upon move-in, is non-refundable once paid. We will collect your Security Deposit when you move into the home.
TENANT SCREENING AND QUALIFICATION: KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT
Applications are screened based on the following:
- Verification of Income
- Verifiable Residential History ( Living with family does not score as high as a legitimate landlord)
- Criminal Background
A positive credit history is required. High debt, past debt, outstanding debt, third party collections, bankruptcies, and judgments may be reasons for denial.
Employment and Income
Verifiable, ongoing income is required for approval. We require 3 times the monthly rent amount in gross monthly income. To be counted as household income, amounts must be verifiable. Unemployment will not qualify.
All applicants must have a positive rental history. A prior landlord’s refusal to give a reference or a negative reference may be grounds for denial. Unlawful detainers or evictions may be a basis for denial.
Application will not be approved if applicant has the following on their criminal record:
- Felonies of manufacture and distribution of a controlled substance within the last 7 years
- Felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property, i.e. "arson" within the last 7 years
- Sexual related offenses for any time period
Examples of Some Adverse Impacts on an Application
- Collections owed to other landlords
- Lack of verifiable rental history
- Tax liens or past due/outstanding debt
- Household income under three times the monthly rent
- Credit scores under a 660
We are committed to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, Disability, Creed, Marital Status, Public Assistance, Ancestry, Sexual or Affectional Orientation or National Origin.
There is absolutely no smoking allowed inside any properties.
Many of our properties are pet friendly with some restrictions. None accept aggressive dog breeds. All applicants who apply with pets are directed to www.PetScreening.com to enroll their pet(s) and upload all vaccination records. Current shots and vaccinations are required for all pets in homes managed by Your Intown Home. Once approved there is a $200 non refundable pet fee.
RENTAL REWARDS PROGRAM AND CREDIT BUILDER: PUTTING YOU ON THE PATH TO HOME OWNERSHIP
For tenants who are interested in the option of future homeownership Your Intown Home offers two programs to help you out along that path. Tenants are automatically enrolled in our Rental Rewards program through which they can apply a portion of all rents paid while renting through us toward the purchase price of a new home, towards lender-approved expenses such as closing costs and inspection fees when they choose to use Your Intown Home Real Estate Services as their Buyer’s Agent to help them with the purchase!
We also offer a credit building program. For enrolled tenants, we will report your rental payments on a monthly basis to help you build up your credit rating with a record of regular ontime rental payments.